Friday, August 20, 2010

Microsoft Access. How do I ? ........?

How do I send a filtered data list by e-mail to arrive and be used as 'data' at the other end so it can be used in a mail merge.



P.S. The recipient also has Microsoft Access on his computer.



Microsoft Access. How do I ? ........?free adware remover



If it were me, I would simply export it into Excel because then they could merge the Excel list more simply with Word Mailmerge, or then export it back to Access. I know it sounds a roundabout way, but I find it problematical sometimes to extract and send individual elements of Access.



Microsoft Access. How do I ? ........?internet security 2006



Open the Customer details table which is to be exported as a spreadsheet file. Select File/Export and in Export Table dialog box select Microsoft Excel 97-2000(*xls.) from Save as type. Change file name to Customers and make sure Save in shows the data location. Check the Save Formatted and click Save All. Close table.



Open Product Table which is to be exported. Select File/Export and select Text Files from Save as Type (it is the same for both text and .csv files). Name the Product File but do not select Save Formatted . Then click Save All.



From Export Text Wizard select Delimited. Click Next and select Comma as the delimited and '' as the Text Qualifier. Click Next and then Finish. Click OK when prompted and close Products Table.



Select Suppliers table, to be exported to dBASE file format. Select File/Export and choose dBASE 5 (*.dbf) from Save as Type. Name the file Newdata and Save. To see the various files that have been exported, start Windows Explorer or enter Folders View from My Computer.



Open Customers.xls in Excel and Product file.txt in Word or Notepad to see how they have been stored. Close all applications.



I am sorry it is so long winded but I hope you will be able to follow.
try newbieclub.com



search for access tutorial
hmmmmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment