Monday, August 16, 2010

Microsoft program trouble?

I use Windows XP;



just this latest month, everytime I want to open my document, in any kind of standard microsoft program, it can't be opened.



the computer shows 'the file is not available'



I click ok, but then because the file can't be opened I want to close the program, it shows: the file normal already exists, do u want to replace the existing file?



I click no, then it shows squares to save as...



then I click close sign (x), it shows: changes have been made that affect the global template, Normal. do u want to save those changes?



what's up with my computer?



somebody can help me please?



Microsoft program trouble?microsoft office



It sounds like you have a virus, or Windows XP is just being it's normal self and stuffing up.



You can try the following...



Open the program that the file is used in ( ie: .xls file opens with Excel, .doc opens with Word ) then use the File %26gt; Open buttons to open the file that way.



Or find the file you want to open, hold down the shift button while right clicking on the file, and click on open with, choose the program.



You may want to run a repair, or uninstall, restart, then reinstall the software you use, and last of all, if all else fails, do a reinstall on Windows XP.



Microsoft program trouble?norton antivirus



Where did you get this 'document' you mention from? (or do you meant the 'My Documents' folder)?



If this document came from the net, it sounds like it has a virus (they HAVE been known to live in .doc files)



It SOUNDS like a virus, because if the damn thing can't be opened, then it shouldn't be changing your Normal template.



Do a thorough virus scan to start with!

No comments:

Post a Comment