Friday, August 20, 2010

Can't post message on Microsoft support forums?

I am having problems with the Microsoft online support forum http://www.microsoft.com/communities/new...



I am signed on, and looking at the main Discussions in Excel page. I click on New / Question, but then I am redirected back to the same page. I see Click Here to Install Silverlight, which might have something to do with it, but after installing Silverlight, I still get the Click Here to Install Silverlight, with no change in the way the site behaves.



I have had a variety of problems with this site, although I have sometimes been able to use it successfully.



Any suggestions?



Thanks.



Can't post message on Microsoft support forums?pop up blocker



You don't need Silverlight to post a question on the Microsoft online support forum. If you are using a web browser other than Internet Explorer to access the forum, try using IE. Or maybe you have a pop-up blocker that is preventing the New Question window from popping up when you click on the New Question button.



Edit:



In IE, click on Tools | Internet Options | General tab, delete cookies and temporary internet files, and see if it works any better.



--



garfield-n-odie



Microsoft MVP 2005-2008



http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/



Can't post message on Microsoft support forums?systemworks



its a front, a cloak if you will.



they are not really interested in providing actual support

No comments:

Post a Comment